Thursday, March 22, 2012

Project Project Runway- Finale

This week for Project Project Runway for the final challenge we were to design a collection showcasing our talents and skills as a designer. I was originally only going to do one show stopping piece but with encouragement and help in the studio from designer Kat from Just Crafty Enough I was able to pull off a mini collection. Hey, the designers got help on the show so I was just following the rules ;)

I am calling my collection City Lights. I chose to stick with my favorite color palette of gray, black and silver. (I know black is really not a color but humor me will you). I created 6 looks.

Project Project Runway Final Challenge

For my first look I chose to do separates.   Both materials used were from previous challenges. A straight linen skirt and black top with some bling on the shoulder finish the first design.
Project Project Runway Final Challenge

 For my second look I designed a black strapless dress.
 Project Project Runway Final Challenge

My third design is a long vest that can be work alone or with a top underneath. It is paired with a simple black skirt. The shoes are to die for!
 Project Project Runway Final Challenge

My 4th design is another skirt and top combination. This is a great look for a night on the town.
Project Project Runway Final Challenge

The 5th design in my collection is a black and gray dress. This is my favorite dress in the collection.
Project Project Runway Final Challenge

The final design in my collection is a wedding dress. A straight and simple front leads to a stunning and flowing back. The added bling on the straps is what every bride needs to feel special on her day! Project Project Runway Final Challenge

This show is my model Emilie's last show with House of Nodrok. It is time for her to retire and have some work done. She is having joint problems. We at the House of Nodrok thank her for 2 great seasons. We will miss her and wish her well as she takes on the next chapter in her life. Who knows, maybe she will wear the wedding dress in the near future.

I am not sure my collection is good enough to win but I sure did have fun playing this season.  Until next time??????

1 comment:

kat said...

I think your collection came out great & really looks like it goes together. It was fun seeing what we could get done before the city inspector came!