Thursday, March 8, 2012

Project Project Runway # 9- When I get my dress in lights

This week for the challenge on Project Project Runway we were to use lighting techniques to create an avant garde look. The runway will be lit in black lighting.

I have to admit that I was not very inspired this week. At one point while looking around our "Mood" I almost gave up. I bought some extremely bright yellow knit and headed off to the studio. On the way there I stopped by home and grabbed some glow in the dark bracelets we have for when camping and decided it was that or nothing.

PPR9

I don't even really know what to say about my look. I feel like it ended up being almost like a firefighter take off. The ribbon I put on the trim and belt looked like what you would see on a fire jacket. My hope was that the white legging would glow as well.  I was kind of disappointed in the results we got with the black light.  Or I should say it was not what I had hoped for in the end.

PPR9

I did have a good laugh while working on this look and hope that the judges can laugh as well and keep me in it for one more week.

My creation Emilie does have bigger hair than most of the people I knew in the 80's.

No comments: