Thursday, February 23, 2012

Project Project Runway #7- Puttin' on the Glitz

This week on Project Project Runway we were challenged to design a costume for a character in Godspell who is wealthy and wants everyone to know just how rich she is. It should be colorful, humorous and slightly exaggerated. It should also be separates.

Let me start by saying that I know nothing about Godspell so I am not sure if my outfit would be fitting of the scene it is intended for. I just went for it. I decided I wanted to do a long coat with a dress underneath. So off to my "Mood" I went, AKA JoAnn's here in Minneapolis.

While looking for fabric I kept being drawn to the combination of gold and silver. Besides diamonds and platinum what shows wealth more than those 2 colors. I fell in love with the gold and silver brocade that I found. I paired it with a silver velvet. A beaded belt ties together the whole thing.

PPR7

PPR7

I chose a gold shoes to go with it as I felt this weeks choice's were limited for my outfit but the shoe did pick cost $750 so I guess the only person who would be buying it would be someone who was rich.
My creation

I hope that I am safe again this week, I know the dress is a stretch for a separate but hey, Mondo did a dress so why can't I?


No comments: