Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Iron Craft #26- Camp Craft

This week we are rolling out the debut of Grandma's new blog, Grandmabees Corner. If you want to know what Grandma made for her camp craft check it out here.

During the summer we are all about camp crafts. So this weeks Iron Craft challenge was right up our alley. The Things attend one of the 3 days camps that I manage each summer and I think without fail they do at least one craft a day. So I headed out to camp one day to catch Thing 2 in action.

Thing 2 @ camp

He was working on making a huge ball out of model magic. I am not sure exactly what the purpose of this was but it was super hero week so he must have been making some super hero weapon.
Super Ball by Thing 2 Foil painting by Thing 2
He also came home one day with this painting on tinfoil. Only at camp.

For me, I have memories of making macrame plant hangers and faux leather candle holders out of masking tape and shoe polish. I looked up macrame plant hangers and realized I did not remember all the knots and I did not have the time to figure it out this week. And I knew that I did not have a need for the candle holder ( sorry mom, I think I made of ton of those years ago and you probably did not have a "need" for it either). I decided to head out to camp and see what I could find. I settled on making a pot holder with loops and a weaving loom.

Potholder in progress

Pot holder

Since this week's theme at camp is "Party in the USA" I went with the theme and made it red, white and blue.


We are excited here as dad is coming home today and will be with us for the 4th of July. Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

kat said...

I'm kind of digging how your potholder looks