Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Iron Craft #1- Paper

Happy 2012!

It was weird this time getting use to the extra week to do my project. Even with the extra week I was still doing my project this past weekend and it is now the night before the due date and I am finally writing the post. I kind of knew it would happen but I do like that if I have a busy week I don't have to get the project done right away.

For this project I knew right away what I wanted to make. Not only do I have a thing for bags- just ask Kathy from Just Crafty Enough- every time we walk the mall I see a bag that "I just need to have" but I also love little notebooks. You see, I am totally a list person, a YELLOW for those that have done temperament testing. I decided I wanted to make a notebook to keep around to jot down crafting and knitting ideas.

 This project was super easy. I used an empty cereal box, a piece of scrapbook paper, some printer paper and my sewing machine. I just covered the 10 x 7 piece of the cereal box I cut out with the scrapbook paper, scored the cover and sewed in some pieces of paper.

Iron Craft #1

Iron Craft #1

I also plan on making Thing 1 & 2 little sketch books. I want to give them to them for Valentine's Day but they were around the day I was putting mine together.

Well I had better get to work on my Project Project Runway for this week while Thing 1 is studying and Thing 2 is at hockey practice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get those nice curves on the paper?

Just Crafty Enough said...

Did you show the Things the Lego paper we got for theirs?