Thursday, August 11, 2011

PPR- Challenge 2- Pet Project

I had such high hopes for this challenge. Turns out I am not a huge fan of the unconventional materials.

I went to the pet store and ended up buying some candy covered millet pellets for rabbits and a red dog toy
. Supplies for PPR- Pet Project
I loved the colors of the pellets and the red went with the colors. My plan was to glue the pellets to the fabric and have a nice textured look.

DSC_0009.JPGDSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG

That is where I went wrong....The glue actually made a sticky mess once it met up with the candy coating. They were sticking to everything. But they were also leaving a cool coloring on the fabric. Once I came to the realization that I was not going to be able to cover the whole dress in little, sticky pellets it was on to plan B.
DSC_0004.jpg


DSC_0015.jpg

Emelie, my model is coming down the runway in a dress colored from rabbit pellets, and a fleece jacket.  The belt is made from tubing on the handle of a fish net. The outfit is completed with a pair of red suede pumps.
PPR2


I can see the judges now shaking their heads at the use of too much material...let's hope someone uses pee pee pads.

4 comments:

kat said...

Oh man, this was such a funny day in the workroom. I mean we got some good laughs in the making of this one

Tawny said...

I love the colouring. So fun! And between your rabbit pellets and my shards or aquarium tubing, the work room looked like a serious crafty tornado hit it hheehe

Kathleen said...

LOVE the dye job!

Jessica Hanley said...

Ooo...I love when something seems to be going badly then it turns out amazing. The dress and the whole outfit look great!