Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Iron Craft Challenge 2 Draft Snakes

So my cousin, Kathy at Kat Crafts was bugging me to join her Iron Craft Challenge group. I resisted until New Year's Eve when Thing 1 told her that he wanted to do the challenges. Since he wanted to join in I thought it was a great opportunity for me to do crafts with my kids, especially during these cold Minnesota winters. They will do as many of them with me as they can. Here we are at week 2- I am starting a blog and embarking on 52 crafts in 52 weeks.

This challenge was an easy one to do with kids and they both had ideas on how they were going to decorate their "snakes" . We went and got fabric markers and used some extra canvas around the house. They both planned out their designs before they started on the actual snake. Thing 2 wanted to sew his himself- Thing 1 is hampered by a broken arm so no sewing for him. This project was very easy for them to do and they had a fun time doing it. My snake is pretty basic with some IKEA fabric I had around the house.

Iron Craft Challenge 2 Stay Warm
Iron Craft Challenge 2 Stay Warm
Thing 1 wanted a tongue.
Iron Craft Challenge 2 Stay Warm Iron Craft Challenge 2 Stay Warm
Thing 2 did his own sewing.
Iron Craft Challenge 2 Stay Warm Iron Craft Challenge 2 Stay Warm

So we are waiting to find out what challenge number 3 will be. Kathy won't spill the beans early and she is sitting right next to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's great that you're doing the challenges with your sons. My daughter loves to craft with me too & I think I'll see if she wants to join in the Ironcraft challenges too. I know it can be frustrating having to share the crafting time & space with the kids, but in the end it sure is worth it.

Sea said...

am watching this....here in UK we are experiencing unseasonable warm weather...so draught excluders are far from our minds!